Campus Representatives Needed
The position of SAA Student Affairs Committee campus
representative was created to facilitate the dissemination of information from
the Student Affairs Committee to the student body at the representative's home
institution. Additionally, the campus representative communicates the issues
and concerns of the student body at his/her home institution to the Student
Affairs Committee. Most activity on the part of a representative involves the
dispersal of information and requests for information and action. The goal of
the Student Affairs Committee is to recruit a campus representative from every
university where there are student archaeologists in residence at the graduate
and/or undergraduate level.
- Membership in the Society for American Archaeology.
- Willingness to undertake the position for at least one year and willingness
to help the committee find a successor.
- Graduate or undergraduate status at an institution where there are student
archaeologists in residence.
- Attendance at the annual meeting of the Student Affairs Committee during the
campus representative's term.
- Access via electronic mail (preferable) to reduce communication costs.
- Familiarity with home state's institutions and local archaeological
- Availability of institutional support (i.e., postage, phone, copier and fax
access) or willingness to assume some expense due to limited availability of
- Electronic or other dissemination of information from the Student Affairs
Committee to the student body at the campus representative's home
- Communicate issues and concerns of the home institution student body to the
Student Affairs Committee.
- Respond to requests for information and action from the Student Affairs
- By virtue of the above and other appropriate means, make the student body at
the home institution aware of the campus representative position and its
- Represent the Student Affairs Committee at meetings and conferences.
- Establish contact with other SAA committee members or liaisons in home state
to facilitate communication (particularly Government Affairs Network
- Be familiar with SAA guidelines, missions, projects, and activities.
- Assist in recruiting successors and/or students from nonrepresented
If you are interested in becoming a campus representative, please contact Caryn
M. Berg, Chair, SAA Student Affairs Committee, University of Colorado, Campus
Box 233, Boulder, CO 80309, email firstname.lastname@example.org.